Things to do Before the Expo
- Design your email sign-up pages – you could totally do it in Google Sheets
- Print email sign-up pages
- Set up an email marketing program
- I use FloDesk – Get 50% off the first year with my link!
- Write your follow-up email(s)
- Create & plan posts on social media
- Post to your feeds at least once a week for the month leading up to the event
- Post a Story about it every 2-3 days
- Plan any giveaway you want to do
- I recommend avoiding technology. I’ve done 2 expos where there was limited-to-NO cell service OR wifi. People will not remember to do whatever the task is after the event.
Marketing Materials to Take Along
- Business cards
- Info cards
- QR code stickers/signs
My Favorite Display Items & Supplies
- Acrylic frames
- Business card stand
- Black Sequin Curtain
- Champagne Sequin Curtain
- Magnetic Display Board
- Set of Acrylic Risers
- Crates of various sizes
What to Take to an Expo
- Hand sanitizer
- Power Bank
- Wire Cutters
- Scotch Tape
- Masking Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Multiple sign-up sheets on a clipboard
- Fill in the first 2 lines – no one wants to be first
- Take a picture of each page for backup documentation
- Leave space for name, email, wedding date, & if they have a florist booked, or whatever is most applicable to your business
- Take note of anyone who seems especially interested and any identifying details about them & then email them personally later and/or find them on Instagram
- Keep the text short and sweet
- Use big, bold text
- Make it attention-grabbing
*There may be affiliate links in this blog post, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using any of these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A little something extra…
Once you have all of these items collected and you’re prepared… If you have any extra time, and the ability, make a website landing page specifically for your expos!
The QR codes on my info cards lead to a page I made just for expos and events. It’s not linked anywhere on my site, so people won’t randomly come across it.
I like to update the page with a photo of me at my booth/table for the current, or most recent, expo so that it helps jog visitors’ memories when they visit the page.